Friday, January 1, 2010

Music in 2009

I saw a friend give an interesting editorial about his favorite albums and songs of 2009 so I decided that I would do something similar. I'm going to throw a kink into what you think I'm going to do. Instead of just listing my favorite albums of 2009 (which I will) I will also be listing musicians/bands that I got into this year regardless of when their material was released. So here we go...

Best Albums of 2009:
-Big Whiskey and the Groo Grux King by Dave Matthews Band
-Ocean Eyes by Owl City
-The Blueprint 3 by Jay-Z
-Battle Studies by John Mayer
-Be One of Us and Hear No Noise by Metavari
(Some close calls are The Fray and Kings of Leon. They are close calls because their cd's came out late in 2008)

Bands or Musicians that I started listening to a lot in 2009:
-Colin Hay
-Dispatch
-Elmwood
-Guster
-Augustana
-Phish

That is all. Not every interesting but it was interesting going back and sifting through all the music I bought and listened to through the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment